Antique chia (Cress) pig.
This particular piggy was excavated from a Victorian bottle dump in the 1970's in Lincoln (UK). Which is particularly amazing as it came out in one piece! The Victorian period was from 1837 until 1901.
How to locate old bottles/ bottle dumps:
• Collectable bottles and earthenware can most often be found in old rubbish dumps from about 1880 to 1910
• These dumps contain mainly coal ash, so finding ash in the ground is a key sign
• Try to work out where rubbish was likely to have been dumped in relation to dwellings
• Look out for areas with nettles, elderberries and rosebay willow herbs, which thrive in ash-filled soil.
• Always seek permission of the landowner